What do you know about fasting? Does the thought of fasting frighten you? Too much of a sacrifice? Starvation? What if you learned it is actually a healthy lifestyle choice, one that supports weight management and improved health? What if you discovered it was possible to eat and get the benefits of fasting at the same time? These revelations would no doubt change your perception of fasting, and there is plenty more for you to discover right here.
Whether you're just learning about the benefits of fasting, or you're seriously considering implementing a fasting lifestyle, you need to know what it takes to turn fasting into a realistic, convenient and effective daily routine.
It is possible to experience fasting all while eating too, and it all starts by following these five tips.
1) Have a goal in mind. Your motivation for adopting a fasting lifestyle should be well defined, and it should be more than just a desire to lose weight. Fasting is not a diet, it is a lifestyle, so ask yourself why you want to make this adjustment in your life. Is it to have a healthier lifespan? To support your overall wellness? If so, the Fasting with Food™ lifestyle may be your answer. Once you clearly understand your motivations, write them down, and you’ll be more apt to work toward them and stick to your commitment by calling on what's important to you when times get tough.
2) Eat while you fast. It may seem counterintuitive, but you can fast and nourish your body at the same time. In fact, the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines fasting as eating sparingly. Today, there is a product that can be part of a healthy fasting lifestyle, Fast Bar. Fast Bar features a proprietary formula based off the ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet® which was the result of 20 years of research at the University of Southern California.
All you need to do is eat this tasty, keto-friendly, good-fat, low-protein, low-carb bar once a day. Fast Bar helps extend your time-restricted eating for intermittent fasting.
3) Time-restrict your eating. Sometimes it’s not what you eat but when you eat. This is true of time-restricted eating. Following a time-restricted eating strategy means you simply restrict the time frame in which you eat — say you only eat from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. — this allows your body to remain in an overnight fasting state for a full 12 hours. Limiting your calories in a shorter period has many proven health benefits for weight management and eating a Fast Bar supports time-restricted eating and intermittent fasting.
4) Be a busy body. No matter how motivated you are to begin a fasting lifestyle, you’ll have those moments when things are simply tough. That’s why it’s important to stay as busy as possible. Find activities you enjoy and partake in them whenever you can — especially if you feel the urge to step away from your time-restricted eating. Maintain an active, healthy lifestyle and you’ll be more focused to create a happier, healthier you.
5) Don’t forget to drink up. As you fast, remember to keep hydrated. Pairing Fast Bar with water or your favorite sugar-free drink like coffee or tea can help you experience the fasting state. A good rule of thumb to remember is to drink the number of ounces of water each day equal to half your body weight in pounds. This means if you weigh 120 pounds, you should drink 60 ounces of water each day.
To learn more about fasting with the world’s first fasting nutrition bar, visit FastBar.com and get 20 percent off your first purchase with the promo code FASTFORHEALTH.